Ultra Experience Skill Builder: Blackboard Collaborate
Prepare your course for Blackboard's redesigned interface!
Skill Builder workshops focus on core components of Blackboard. They are intended for novice users of the learning management system (LMS) who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
By the end of the Blackboard Collaborate workshop, faculty should be able to:
- Identify the various session and user roles
- Describe the difference between Participant and Moderator
- Identify how to use the Sharing Content Tools
- Describe the steps to record a session
- Examine active learning strategies to get participants involved in the sessions
- Create breakout rooms and polls
- Identify Collaborate features that support the needs of users with disabilities
- Download and install the Chrome extension
- Describe the continuous release cycle
NOTE: All Skill Builder workshops are Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Laptops are preferred. If you need to borrow a device from DoIT, please let us know 24 hours in advance.