- The Power of Plus. One easy menu for adding content from your computer, cloud storage, Content Collection, or integrated tool. The Content Editor will automatically recognize the kinds of files you add.
- Better for All Devices. The editor is better suited for all devices -- small screen or big. It’s easier to author on mobile devices because pop-ups are gone.
- Improved Accessibility. The editor is more accessible due to higher contrast icons and menus, and the removal of pop-ups improves the experience for screen reader users. The new content editor compliments Ally capabilities because it helps you make content more accessible at the time you are creating content.
- Better Copy and Paste. Pasting content from Word, Excel, and websites is even better. Easily remove extra HTML but retain basic formatting.
- Simple Embed. When pasting links to websites such as YouTube, and Vimeo, the videos are automatically embedded for inline playback -- there’s no need to fuss with HTML. Other sites including The New York Times, WordPress, SlideShare and Facebook will embed summary previews.
- Display Computer Code. Faculty and students can now share formatted computer code snippets, which is super handy for computer science classes.
As always, if you have any questions about teaching, learning and technology at UMBC, please consider the following options: