An updated release of a beta Chromebook extension for Respondus LockDown Browser is now available for assessments in both Original and Ultra Blackboard courses. This version of the Chromebook extension also supports Respondus Monitor.
Please note: This is a beta extension, which means it will have some limitations.
- The setting must be enabled on a per test basis.
- There is no direct link to the Chrome extension. Students must click on the click on the same RLDB download link as the Windows/Mac versions to install for Chrome.
- Pop-ups need to be enabled in Chrome to avoid students encountering a "can't open page" error.
- LockDown Browser’s internally linked “Help Center” is currently unavailable.
- Also not supported at this time:
- Instructor-created passwords passwords. Please do NOT remove the automatically generated passcode set by Respondus to secure the test environment.
- The “Early Exit” feature in LockDown Browser.
- LockDown Browser’s Calculator and Spreadsheet features aren’t currently supported.
- The extended keyboard functions (for adding symbols and special characters) isn’t currently available.
The how-to instructions for faculty and for students are posted to the FAQs. To report a bug/issue with the Chromebook beta, please open a support ticket with Respondus directly so your feedback is escalated with their developers. Be sure to indicate you are using LockDown Browser for Chromebook.
As always, if you have any questions about teaching, learning, and technology at UMBC, please consider the following options: