U-RISE Program (formerly MARC U*STAR) Interest Meeting
Interested in pursuing a biomedical science PhD?
The U-RISE Program at UMBC is having an Interest Meeting on Thursday, November 19th, at 5:00 p.m. The U-RISE Program seeks to develop a diverse pool of well-trained undergraduates with skills and desire to pursue a PhD or MD/PhD in biomedical research. The scholarship is for full-time juniors and seniors, and this Interest Meeting is intended for sophomores.
A link to the recorded meeting will be posted on the U-RISE website, following the meeting, for any interested students who cannot attend.
Applications for next year’s cohort will open late November in Scholarship Retriever, and close January 15th, 2021.
U-RISE Scholars receive:
• A partial stipend for tuition, fees, and housing costs
• Year-round participation in research with financial support for research materials
• Special advising, seminars & workshops
• Travel & conference funds
• Help with graduate school applications
• Experience presenting at URCAD & other national meetings
To learn more, check out our website (https://urise.umbc.edu/).