The Neuroscience Graduate Program offers three different summer research opportunities. Each of the summer programs are 10 weeks (early June-mid August) and provide participants with a full time (40 hr/week) research placement, professional development workshops, and social events. A brief summary is provided below:
- $6,000 stipend
- Housing provided by program
- $800 meal allowance
- $500 travel allowance for round-trip travel to the program site
Program Dates: May 31, 2020-August 8, 2020
- You can apply online starting November 24th here. Applications are due January 17, 2020 and will include a personal statement, resume or CV, and unofficial transcript(s).
- Letters of Recommendation- two letters of recommendation are required, one of the letters must be from an academic reference. Letters must be uploaded by January 17, 2020.
- In accordance with NSF guidelines, applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants should have a strong interest in pursuing a research career in a STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) discipline.
- Must have successfully completed at least one academic year of an undergraduate program and not scheduled to graduate before December 2020.
- Participants must have health insurance coverage while participating in the program.
- Participants must be available for the duration of the program from start to finish. Any vacations, summer coursework, or other summer employment would need to take place outside of this time frame.
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor campus) students are NOT eligible.
- Students majoring in biochemistry, biology, biophysics, chemistry, computer science, engineering, mathematics, psychology, or a related STEM discipline. No minimum GPA requirement.