Dissertation House October, Applications open!
Writing a proposal, thesis or dissertation? We can help!
- Create a single word document with the following settings:
- font size 11-12 pt
- 1 inch margins
- Divide it into 2 sections - Part 1 and Part 2
- In Part 1, type your header information on one page:
- Telephone numbers (mobile, home, office)
- E-mail address
- Academic Program
- Year in program (1st year, 5th Year, etc)
- Type up a brief description (maximum 2 pages) that describes the project that you wish to accomplish during the Dissertation House period.
- In Part 2, type up the following:
- Summary of the project, including research question(s), data, texts, and methods
- Amount completed on the project to date
- Any obstacles you have encountered that hinders completion of the dissertation
- Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line format: "Dissertation House Fall 2021 Application: FirstName LastName"
Applications will not be reviewed or accepted outside of the application enrollment period.
- The Dissertation House runs from 9 AM – 5 PM, for two days, Thursday, October 7 and Friday, October 8, 2021.
- Students must plan to attend the full sessions, for each of the 2 days.
- The daily schedule includes 2 mini-lectures and 5 hours of writing per day.
- The Dissertation House is free for UMBC’s graduate students.
- There are 18 spaces available for the Dissertation House.
- Details regarding eligibility can be found on the application page of the website for the Dissertation House.