Lumen Circles provide opportunities for Fellows to virtually connect with other faculty members as they explore effective instructional practices and apply them in their own teaching. Through participation in an OER-focused Lumen Circle, Fellows can learn, share ideas, and develop professionally in relation to teaching with OER, OER-based adaptive courseware, and/or open pedagogy. Lumen Circles work well for any faculty member, in any discipline, at any stage of their career.
- An engaging community of practice with faculty from multiple institutions over 6 or 9 weeks (see below for details)
- Weekly activities to explore, apply, and reflect on your use of effective teaching practices in relation to OER (~2 hours/week)
- Opportunities to build on your strengths and expand your teaching with OER
- The ability to set teaching goals and track progress
- Asynchronous engagement in a virtual platform (website) to fit your schedule
- The ability to earn a Lumen Circles Fellowship Certificate in Effective Teaching Practice
- Teaching with OER & OER-enabled Pedagogy (9-week program): Explore evidence-based teaching strategies in the context of using OER and OER-enabled pedagogy. Develop your teaching capabilities with techniques that apply the principles of open education to engage students and strengthen their success using openly licensed content. (Note: Prior to the fellowship, you should identify OER content you plan to use with students during the term of your fellowship.)
- Success Accelerator for OHM or Waymaker Courseware (6-week program): Explore and apply evidence-based teaching practices using Lumen Learning’s OER-based courseware. Share ideas and enrich your Lumen courseware implementation with coaching and peer support around pedagogy, course design, use of learning data, and best practices to increase student engagement and success. Suitable for new or veteran Lumen courseware users.