We announce here the Getting You into Indiana University (GU2IU) Program, a campus recruitment program for prospective underrepresented and minority students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. or M.F.A. at Indiana University (IUB) Bloomington. The three-day event will be conducted on the IUB campus and begins Sunday April 19, 2020, and ends on Tuesday, April 21, 2020. (Note: Indiana University has a renowned mathematics department.)
This is an all-expense paid trip for selected highly qualified applicants including air fare, lodging, and meals. Participants will learn more about IU’s Ph.D. and M.F.A. programs, research opportunities and funding options. Additionally, participants will meet with faculty, staff and current graduate students, attend sessions on preparing competitive applications for graduate admission, explore campus cultural centers, and take a campus tour.
Our goal is to recruit the best and brightest to IU programs. Our target is 30 students to attend our recruitment event for Spring 2020. GU2IU program participants must:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Be juniors, seniors, master’s level students in good academic standing; or, degreed professionals interested in pursuing a PhD or MFA at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Complete a GU2IU Spring 2020 application form requesting demographic information, educational interests, non-official transcripts and a personal essay.
The application deadline is March 4, 2020.
The application process for “Getting You into IU” consists of:
(1) a completed application: click HERE which will ask you to
(a) provide demographic information;
(b) provide a brief summary of your academic and research experiences;
(c) identify your prospective PhD or MFA program; and,
(d) list the names of three IUB faculty members you wish to meet during your visit
(2) attach a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) and unofficial transcript; and,
(3) faculty nomination (highly recommended but not required): click HERE.
Flyers are attached.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.