This year's Professional Development Day is a full day program that has something for everyone. Based on campus feedback, the event will focus on communication skills. In the morning, we are excited to be bringing in an Emmy award-winning TEDx speaker coach, Jan Fox, to present a workshop on “Keys to Bold Speaking and Communication.” In the afternoon, we will be highlighting several of our talented faculty and staff in an inspirational “Retriever Talks” TEDx style event.
- Talks will be 15 minutes (and this goes by quick) and centered around the themes of community, inclusive excellence, and innovation
- It is not necessary for speakers to be experts with original research (though this is welcome if they have it) - we are also looking for personal experiences or stories that inspire and/or broaden perspectives that include a couple actionable take-aways for our faculty/staff population
- Selected speakers will receive coaching from TEDx expert, Jan Fox - which is well worth over $1000
- WL&W will also provide coaching and support behind the scenes in crafting talks and presentation materials
- This is an opportunity for faculty/staff to increase their influence, visibility on campus, and communication effectiveness
- Speakers will receive a professionally edited video link of their talk for sharing and enhancing their professional profile (LinkedIn, FB, etc.)
submissions do not have to be extremely detailed - we simply need to
get a gist of your talk at this stage. A short description will do.