The Retriever aims to provide accurate, timely and relevant information to the UMBC campus community about issues that affect you.
This upcoming semester, we are seeking undergraduates to fulfill the listed positions. Unfortunately, as per our constitution, we cannot accept applications from graduate students at this time.
- Copy Editor: Reviews and corrects article for grammar and consistency. Send your resume to Jamie Denton, email@example.com. $27.50/week.
- Production Assistant: Assists with design of newspaper and all branding materials. Send your resume and portfolio, if you have one, to Madeline Arbutus, firstname.lastname@example.org. $32/week.
- Videographers: Send your resume and portfolio to Julia Arbutus, email@example.com. Piece-work position.
- Photographers: Send your resume and portfolio to Jack Basmaci, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Julia Arbutus, email@example.com. Piece-work position.
- Reporters and Columnists: Writing application can be found here. $15/week for contributing reporters and columnists and $21/week for staff reporters and columnists. Sports writers strongly encouraged.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in the newsroom! Applications are rolling; for best chances, apply by Feb. 15.