Apply to be the Senator for the UMBC SGA!
Attend weekly Senate meetings and abide by the approved attendance policy (Note: You must attend weekly meetings. Senate meetings are weekly on Mondays at 5:30 p.m until the meeting’s conclusion)
- Actively make an effort to participate in and promote all SGA-affiliated initiatives and events
- Promote and support UMBC undergraduate students by actively working with them and other campus partners to co-create programs, services, and relationships to improve the UMBC community. This includes completing initiative(s) related to the campus community either individually or in partnership with others
- Communicate with members of the Executive Branch and encourage collaboration whenever possible
- Meet regularly with various UMBC community members (faculty, staff, administrators, and other students) to effectively represent the interests of the student body
- Attend all mandatory trainings and in-services
- Serve on university shared governance committees
- Fulfill all other responsibilities assigned to Senators in SGA’s Guiding Documents
- Complete End of term report by May 1, 2023
- Submit weekly progress reports to the SGA Stipend Review Committee
Deadline to apply is February 19th.
Questions? Concerns? Feel free to contact either Dharma Bhatt (email@example.com) or Joshua Le (firstname.lastname@example.org)