"Are we making it happen for boys of color?"
Read more to see what Choice Alum Imhotep Simba has to say..
To develop Baltimore's CBM CARES® Mentoring Initiative, there are a few specifics to note:
- Male mentors need to be at least 21 years old
- The 3 school partners are in close proximity to UMBC: Beechfield Elementary/Middle School, North Bend Elementary/Middle School, and Rognel Heights Elementary School.
- These schools are identifying students that would be a great fit for the program.
- There are opportunities to engage in one-on-one mentoring AND group mentoring. As I understand, there is flexibility to arrange the one-on-one meetings; all are engaged in the weekend outings.
- In-school group sessions take place during the school day: Tuesdays at North Bend, Wednesdays at Beechfield, and Thursdays at Rognel Heights.
- If folks are interested in getting involved, there is a Mentor Orientation/Training that is happening THIS Wednesday, August 19th, at 6 pm. Please see the attachment!
- Imhotep seeks to begin the program the week of September 7th; if you cannot make Wednesday night's session, I recommend you reach out to Imhotep for the next possible time.
- You can go directly to the website to submit an application -
Imhotep O. Simba
Concerned Black Men National
CBM CARES® Baltimore, MD
1014 W. 36th Street, Suite C
Baltimore, MD 21211
FAX: 202- 783-2480