STEMconnector: Food and AG Careers Innovation Lab
April 4 -5, 2018, in DC
Please join us April 4th and 5th for our Food and Ag Careers Innovation Lab, taking place at the STEMconnector office in Washington, DC, in conjunction with the biennial USA Science & Engineering Festival.
This event will provide an insightful, content-driven experience for attendees, with opportunities to collaborate around the two major projects of the Lab: #AGis and Feed, Nourish, Thrive. Featuring discussions, panels and insights from members and guests, the Innovation Lab meeting will bring together leaders across sectors for an enlightening conversation and to further the work. Data science, plant science and biotech are some of the folks that might be a great fit for this event.
April 4, 2018
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Opening Lunch - Welcome & Introductions
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
First Working Session
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Reception - Location TBD
April 5, 2018
8:30 am - 9:00 am
Working Breakfast - Review State of STEM Research
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Second Working Session
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Closing Lunch & Prep for X-STEM Symposium
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- USA Science & Engineering Festival - The meeting is designed to allow you to take advantage of the USA Science & Engineering Festival that same week/weekend in DC. Attendees have the option of attending the X-STEM Symposium immediately following the meeting on the 5th, and will be invited to join the Festival for Sneak Peek Friday on the 6th. If you plan to attend the Symposium, do not register, as registration is complimentary for Lab Members.
- RSVP - To RSVP for the meeting, e-mail Brian.Jackson@STEMconnector.com or call 202-304-1953.
- PepsiCo's SVP, Research and Development, Flavors, Ingredients & Formulation - Kevin O'Sullivan
- American Society of Plant Biologists' Executive Director - Crispin Taylor
- Smithfield Foods' Chief People Officer - Mark Garrett
- Corteva Agriscience's Global University Relations - Ronda Hamm
- Tuskegee University's Department Head, Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Olga Bolden-Tiller