For Fall 2021, we are pleased to be serving you from our new facility, The Center for Well-Being. We are located in Room 119, in the back left corner of the first floor, if you enter from the main doors. Our hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. To decrease staff density and mitigate COVID transmission, about 50% of the staff will be teleworking each weekday and 50% on-site. Thank you for your patience as we work to fill staff vacancies.
- Pre-Hearings and Hearings will proceed as scheduled, using WebEx meetings as an alternative to in-person meetings. Student Conduct and Community Standards will initiate the WebEx meetings via links in the UMBC Google calendaring software.
- Appeals will proceed as scheduled, using WebEx meetings as an alternative to in-person meetings.
- Parking Services is resolving student parking appeals administratively during the Fall 2021 semester.
- Student- or staff-initiated meetings can continue via WebEx.
- Background checks by external stakeholders can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of a signed consent form and a copy of the investigators credentials. Responses to both “negative” and “positive” disciplinary record checks can be expected within one business day and follow-up inquiries by investigators will be conducted by phone. Internal stakeholders (university officials with a legitimate need-to-know) can submit background check requests to email@example.com and expect a response within one business day.
- Admission with prior discipline interviews will be scheduled through firstname.lastname@example.org and conducted via telephone.
- Expungement requests can continue to be filed and will be addressed in due course
- The Student Conduct and Community Standards website will be updated with the latest information regarding service levels and business continuity plans. The email@example.com e-mail account will be monitored remotely and e-mail inquiries will receive a timely response.
- Telephone inquiries via voice mail message to 410-455-2453 will be reviewed and receive a response within one business day. Our FAX machine is re-connected and you can send FAXes to 410-455-1456.