Bowie State Celebrates World Food Day
Join Bowie State University as we explore the next frontier of Smart Agriculture. Farmers will need to produce about 70% more food to meet the demand of the predicted 10 billion global population by 2050. A radical transformation is needed to become sustainable and food crisis reliable while combating challenges of climate change. The practice of the modern-day agricultural production must evolve to fulfill future food demands.
Bowie State’s own Natural Sciences department is using world class technology in hydroponics, aquaponics, and vertical agriculture that can improve global agricultural productivity.
The summit will bring together a diverse group of stakeholders for information, discussion and networking. The program will include:
- · outside Exhibits and Student posters,
- · Greetings from our own President Breaux and Dr. Goodman,
- · Dynamic speakers,
- · A keynote address and roundtable discussion with lunch provided,
- · A live cooking TV demonstration & production
- · A panel discussion in the form of a talkshow, ending with
- · A tour of the Aquaponics & hydroponics section of the greenhouse.