Webinar: Working Effectively With Other Teams
Using a team approach to achieving organizational results is a methodology that has proven to be much more effective than the old-school approach of top-down, authoritarian management. However, there are downsides to the team approach that can be problematic in this increasingly fast-moving business environment. The greatest of these downsides include restricted communication, competition and even conflict between teams that actually hurts the overall organization.
This has led to the use of terms such as “silos” and “rivalry” to describe how teams interact in many organizations. This isolation between teams is based on strong human needs that make it difficult to overcome. However, it’s possible to adopt a more effective approach to reduce inter-team barriers and respond more effectively to organizational problems and opportunities when they arise.
In this one-hour webinar, Geoff Nichols, Senior Trainer with HRDQ, provides clear reasons for ineffective communication between teams in organizations and specific tips for overcoming them.
Participants Will Learn
- Real-world consequences from poor communication between teams
- Why teams work well to achieve their own goals even at the expense of other teams
- Defining success in functional terms so all teams clearly understand it.
- How to use Personality Styles at Work™ and other communication tools to lessen conflict
- Celebrating organizational achievements and problems avoided due to effective inter-teamwork
Visit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/2301192463333222401 to