RetireWise Series Session 3: Establishing Retirement Income
Shifting focus from accumulation to distribution
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 · 3 PM - 4 PM
From budgeting and building an emergency fund to determining your investment options and creating a will, there’s something for everyone to learn in this MetLife four-part financial education series.
Session 3: Establishing your retirement income stream
August 18, 2020
3:00 - 4:00 PM
Registration Required - Register in myUMBC
Please Note: Zoom instructions will be distributed prior to the training. If you have questions please email email@example.com
In Session 3, you will learn how to structure a retirement income stream to address your retirement wants and needs. MetLife will examine the risks that can impact retirement funds and how to manage assets to help provide lifelong income.
- Shifting focus from accumulation to distribution
- What are some of the risks a portfolio could be exposed to in retirement?
- Withdrawal rate
- Market timing
- Unexpected expenses
- The retirement income planning process
- What are the key elements of the retirement income planning process?
- Look at the big picture and determine goals
- Identify expenses in retirement.
- Identify guaranteed sources of retirement income
- Social Security
- Employer-sponsored defined benefit plans
- Identify other sources of retirement income
- Earned income
- Unearned income
- Personal savings
- Alternative sources
- How to manage retirement assets and help provide a lifelong income
- Matching retirement “needs” with dependable income sources
- Matching retirement “wants” with other income sources
- Protecting against unplanned expenses