Webinar: Courageous Conversations
Shifting Behavior; Inspiring Insights; Elevating Performance
Communication has always been elemental to leadership and teaming. People want to know their leader’s vision, goals, and expectations. They also want their leader’s performance feedback, business insights, and recognition. The most effective leaders are clear, persuasive, and compelling communicators. While, there is a large body of knowledge about what leaders can do to be great communicators, much of that knowledge isn’t useful in this COVID moment.
During times of uncertainty and anxiety, such as right now, fear has an undue influence on people’s behavior and organizational performance. When fear directs workers’ behaviors, they become distracted, afraid, and unproductive … just when their companies need them to be the opposite. Fear is bad for business.
Courage has always been the antidote for fear, and during fearful times leaders need to communicate with courage and clarity. This webinar will cover the why/what/how of communicating without a playbook. This engaging and dynamic webinar will help you communicate more flexibly, transparently, and courageously during these challenging times.
Participants will learn:
- How to communicate honestly, transparently, and courageously without amping-up peoples’ fears.
- Why communicating courageously requires promoting “psychological safety,” and how safe environments advance innovation!
- How to practice “tactical empathy” without being seen as manipulative.
- Why miscommunication is more common than effective communication, and what to do about it.
- Why nudging people into discomfort is an essential leadership responsibility.