Webinar: Manage UP: Amplify your Visibility, Voice & Value
All too often managing up focuses primarily on understanding the manager and their style of working, leading and communicating. To manage up successfully professionals must pay attention to three related factors;
- deepening your understanding of yourself in your work role,
- understanding your manager’s role, and
- appreciating their working style.
Investing time in understanding others is always valuable but stopping short at that exposes you to missing key opportunities for being seen as reputable, sociable and knowledgeable: an influencer, in the eyes of those who can determine your next promotion or pay rise.
Like Simon Sinek’s golden circles where why is far more central and critical to engaging others before expanding into the what and how; to manage up successfully, starts with you. Amplify your visibility, voice and value so that when you learn more about your manager and their style, you are better equipped to relate, to speak up, to step up, to play a bigger game: to get a yes from their manager.
In this webinar you will learn key tips and strategies to help you manage up including quick and easy ways to be more visible, speak up and own your personal power. You’ll also learn what you need to do to understand your manager’s role and style.
Participants will learn:
- What it really means to manage up.
- The three areas to focus on to be your manager’s first choice.
- The three career enhancing outcomes from managing up successfully.
- What you need to understand your manager’s role and why you should learn this.
- What you can do to identify your manager’s style quickly and easily.