Looking for a dose of inspiration to start your week? No need to look any further. Each week, we curate talks on topics that matter NOW for all of us related to resilience, self-care, dealing with uncertain times, as well as ways to stay connected, inspired, and grounded when the earth beneath us is shifting.
Today's talk is The cost of work stress - and how to reduce it by Rob Cooke. By estimates, work-related stress drains the US economy of nearly 300 billion dollars a year -- and it can hurt your productivity and personal health too, says wellness advocate Rob Cooke. He shares some strategies to help put your mental, physical and emotional well-being back at the forefront.
After you watch, we invite you to reflect on the following:
- What resonated for you in the video?
- What lived experiences do you have, either personally or professionally that align with the core message of the talk?
- As you think of your role as a student, employee, or manager what feels relevant and useful to remember?
- What are you taking away that feels meaningful - either a new perspective, a potential action, etc.
- How might we take better care of ourselves and each other during this time?