Today's talk is Mental Health for All by Involving All. Nearly 450 million people are affected by mental illness worldwide. In wealthy nations, just half receive appropriate care, but in developing countries, close to 90 percent go untreated because psychiatrists are in such short supply. Vikram Patel outlines a highly promising approach -- training members of communities to give mental health interventions, empowering ordinary people to care for others.
- What resonated for you in the video?
- What lived experiences do you have, either personally or professionally that align with the core message of the talk?
- As you think of your role as a student, employee, or manager what feels relevant and useful to remember?
- What are you taking away that feels meaningful - either a new perspective, a potential action, etc.
- How might we take better care of ourselves and each other during this time?