The original deadline (FEB 1, 2018) has been extended to FEB 16, 2018.
The Curry School of Education at UVA would like to invite current junior students to take part in the SURP program. The 2018 SURP Application is now available, so please forward to interested students!
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) is a 10-week internship that provides undergraduates from underrepresented groups with valuable research and professional development experience.
SURP interns will:
- Present research at Leadership Alliance National Symposium (LANS) as well as a UVA research symposium.
- Work hands-on in research with UVA faculty mentor(s) and graduate student mentor(s).
- Participate in workshops on research methods and the grad school application process, and enroll in an intensive GRE preparation course.
- A $3000 stipend and some travel and meal expenses.
- Housing in a university residence hall.
Eligible interns must:
- Be a member of a group that is underrepresented in educational research.
- Be a current junior, with 2 semesters or less to complete after the internship.
Other requirements are highlighted on the SURP website.
If you have any questions about finding summer research or you need assistance with you application, please contact Dr. April Householder, email@example.com.