The University of Maryland Department of Pediatrics, Growth and Nutrition Division is in need of Research Assistants to help with data collection, management, and organization for the Wellness Champions for Change project. Wellness Champions for Change is a statewide obesity-prevention study that aims to promote healthy school environments that support the health, growth and development of children.
- recruiting and consenting participants,
- scheduling evaluations,
- administering surveys and taking anthropometric measures in elementary and middle schools,
- data entry, and other administrative duties.
We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Full and part time positions are available.
For more information on the Wellness Champions for Change project, please visit our website http://www.marylandschoolwellness.org/.
- An interest in Nutrition, Exercise Science, Public Health, Community Health, Epidemiology or a related field
- Experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work afternoons and evenings
- Ability to transport equipment and travel to school sites
- Experience following strict research protocols preferred
- Ability to work 10 hours/week or more is required
Please call (410) 706-6133 with any questions, or send your resume to:
Rachel Deitch, M.S., CHES
Wellness Champions for Change Project Coordinator
737 West Lombard Street, Room 136
Baltimore, MD 21201