Engaging Ideas Book Discussion, Chs. 13 and 14 √ §
Part of the FDC Advanced Topics Series!
This revised edition offers the clear advice, practical strategies, and useful examples you appreciated in past editions along with the latest on writing transfer; metacognition, self-assessment, and peer review; translingual approaches to diversity in language practices; grading alternatives and ungrading; and social media and technology. Our discussion focuses on:
- “Coaching the Writing Process and Handling the Paper Load” (Chapter 13, pp. 278-297), and
- “Providing Effective and Efficient Feedback” (Chapter 14, pp. 298-316).
- Log into myUMBC
- Go to the AOK Library Website
- In the AOK OneSearch box, type the book title (not the chapter title) and press Search
- Locate the ebook, and click on the link to Online Access under the descriptive information
Launched in September 2021!
Sessions in this series are designed to delve deeper into special topics that synthesize multiple research-based ideas for cultivating student learning. During these sessions, faculty and staff colleagues will support your efforts to energize your classroom with classic and cutting-edge pedagogical approaches that will help you to...
- Identify how to integrate complex learning science applications into your course design and delivery,
- Challenge your higher order thinking skills to investigate and assess new ways to foster student success, and
- Connect and collaborate with colleagues seeking to create exemplary learning exercises and environments across courses and learning opportunities.
- aspire to complicate and build on core pedagogical knowledge shared in other FDC programs, or
- wish to cultivate and apply learning research to innovative, engaging, and effective classroom practices.