Who Students Are: Inclusion of Nontraditional Students √ § *
Part of the FDC Diverse Classroom Series!
* Part of Provost's New Faculty Lunch series - all faculty are welcome to attend
√ Counts toward ALIT Certificate
§ Counts towards INNOVATE Certificate
UMBC’s Faculty Development Center continues the Diverse Classroom Series launched in February 2017!
Sessions in this series are designed to help you capture UMBC’s strengths in diversity to create vibrant learning environments--environments that effectively challenge and support every student. During interactive sessions, faculty and staff colleagues will help you address challenges and explore key questions, for example,
- How can you learn about your classroom audience to better connect with your students and reflect on their learning needs?
- How can you make your classroom more hospitable for all learners?
- How can you handle sensitive discussions in your classroom?
- How can you ensure that students from different academic and social backgrounds and with different physical and cognitive abilities experience classrooms where they are welcomed, challenged, and supported?
- Faculty and staff who aspire to make their classrooms more inclusive of our diverse student population.
- For additional resources, see https://fdc.umbc.edu/resources/the-diverse-classroom/