Changing Maryland: A Conversation with State Leaders
Legislative session debrief (RSVP Required)
Join a conversation with state leaders whose legislative efforts are addressing policing, prison and inmate rights, and environmental sustainability. Participants will learn about how UMBC students, faculty, staff, and alumni can get involved in the lawmaking process and contribute to the civic health of our state.
Part of this program will take place in small groups where participants will have a chance to interact with state leaders and each other.
State leaders will include:
- Kim Coble, Executive Director, Maryland League of Conservation Voters
- Jessica Feldmark, Maryland State Delegate, District 12
- Brian Frazee, Vice President of Government Affairs, Maryland Hospital Association and President, UMBC Alumni Association
- Cory McCray, Maryland State Senator, District 45
- Charles Sydnor, III, Maryland State Senator, District 44
- Jake Weissmann, Chief of Staff, Office of the Senate President
To RSVP, follow this link.
This event is hosted by the UMBC’s Center for Democracy and Civic Life in partnership with the Student Government Association and Graduate Student Association.Changing Maryland: A Conversation with State Leaders is part of a program series, with additional gatherings planned in the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. The series will prepare members of the UMBC community for active participation in the 2022 legislative session.