July 27 - August 13, 2023
Course description: PUB 300 will engage students in academic, experiential and intercultural learning in and about South Africa. The course will focus on contemporary social challenges and the strategies that government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and citizen activists are using to address them.
Course activities include:
- Service-learning with local NGOs
- Meetings with activists, NGO leaders and government officials
- Visits to sites of historical and cultural significance, including Parliament, the District 6 Museum, Table Mountain, and the surrounding Western Cape region
- Experiential learning activities including language, culture and cooking workshops
- A safari and overnight stay at the Aquila Game Reserve
The deadline to apply is Tuesday, February 28. Click here for more information and a link to apply.