National Press Club Event: Rise to Dominance of Cybersecurity Challenges
Join UMBC and industry and government experts for a panel on how cybersecurity touches our everyday lives and how journalists can engage a wide range of readers in cybersecurity news. This panel will touch on topics ranging from online commerce to national conversations about security leaks. It will also explore how to best prepare the next generation of cybersecurity leaders to effectively tackle the challenges we are facing.
Thursday, 7 December 2017, 4:00-6:00pm
National Press Club, Washington, D.C.
Light refreshments will be served.
Registration by December 4 preferred.
Moderator: New York Times reporter Scott Shane
Featured panelists include:
- Freeman A. Hrabowski, III, UMBC President
- Nigel Faulkner, CIO, T. Rowe Price
- Anupam Joshi, Director, UMBC Center for Cybersecurity; Professor and Chair, Department of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- Lauren Mazzoli ’15, M.S ’17, Systems Engineer, Future Technical Leaders Program, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Tina Williams ’02, President, TCecure, LLC; Cybersecurity Academic Innovation Officer for University System of Maryland
Contact Candace Dodson-Reed at *protected email* with questions.