CAHSS Book Publication Workshop
Time will be provided for small group discussion.
- Mark Alice Durant, Saint Lucy Books, publisher of elegant, idiosyncratic, and accessible books that combine words and images to celebrate contemporary photographic artists
- Hannah Brooks-Motl, Assistant Acquisitions Editor, Amherst College Press, an open access, digital-first press committed to the mission and ethos of the liberal arts
- Elizabeth Garber, Senior Editor for Sociology and Anthropology, Palgrave Macmillan, commissions primarily, monographs, edited collections, handbooks, reference works, and Palgrave Pivots in the areas of sociology (with a North American focus) and anthropology.
- Deirdre Mullane, Mullane Literary Associates, an independent literary agency with an emphasis on idea-driven nonfiction, especially in the areas of history, science, politics, narrative nonfiction, nature/environment, sports, mind/body/spirit, and a small list of literary/commercial fiction
- Carole Sargent, founding director of the Office of Scholarly Publications at Georgetown University, helps scholars publish research in high-impact journals and university presses