Clarksville Elementary School is Hiring Classroom Monitor Positions
Under the general supervision of the school principal, with guidance from instructional staff, the Classroom Monitor provides in-person classroom assistance to a virtual teacher and supports students during synchronous virtual instruction.
The Classroom Monitor must be able to provide personal transportation to assigned schools as the work assignment location is dependent on student needs.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILTIES
- Actively facilitates and supports student independence and participation with learning through the synchronous virtual instruction.
- Assists students with operating and navigating technology including basic troubleshooting of device operations, cameras, learning platforms, and learning tools.
- Supports the virtual teacher with maintaining a positive, engaging, and safe classroom environment by implementing classroom management strategies.
- Provides supervision to assigned students in the classroom, hallways, lunch, recess, and other transitional periods.
- Assists with student attendance and communicates student progress and/or concerns on a regular basis to the assigned school administrator or other professional staff, as appropriate.
- Participates in professional learnings for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions, as assigned.
The above list is a summary of the functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Hourly Rate of Pay $14.25/hr.
Classroom Monitors are temporary employees assigned on an as needed basis and are not benefits eligible. Daily work hours are dependent upon school system needs.
If you receive this position, you will be considered a HCPSS temporary employee which makes you eligible to be vaccinated for COVID-19 through HCPSS.
If you are interested in this position, please contact our CES Administration: