Instructions for the applications
- Completely fill out application form(s)
- If you are applying to both, you must complete each applicable google form application.
- Send recommendation letter to recommender, click here to download recommendation form [docx].
- Those writing the recommendation letter must submit by the due date to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recommendation email subject line should be as follows “Recommendations for [Student’s Full Name]”
- Please note the same recommendation form may be used for BOTH (teacher education & strong) applications HOWEVER each application has a separate google form link.
Teacher Education Scholarship Program
The UMBC Education Department offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in the Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, and TESOL programs. All students currently enrolled are eligible to apply.
The application for Summer and Fall are the same, however, you must fill out both to be considered for each semester.
Strong Scholars Program Phase II Interns
The Hattie M. Strong Foundation offers scholarships to undergraduate students who have exhibited outstanding successes and enthusiasm in field experiences prior to the final year of their program or to graduate students whose life experiences prior to enrollment reveal the same strengths. One $5,000.00 scholarships will be awarded to UMBC teacher candidates entering PHASE II of internship. Qualifying applicants must have a FAFSA on file, demonstrate financial need.