Apply to be a Peer Health Educator!
Deadline to Apply: May 17, 2022
The Peer Health Education Program is an unpaid internship offered through the Career Center. Students are able to earn PRAC Internship credit and a nationally recognized peer educator certification. This internship is a one-year minimum commitment. As a peer health educator, you will have the opportunity to
- Develop health and well-being events and initiatives for the UMBC community
- Use health communication strategies to raise awareness of relevant health and wellbeing topics pertinent to college students
- Develop and sharpen your public speaking, interpersonal communication, and leadership skills
- Facilitate health workshops and
- Serve as a resource for your peers
This internship experience has supported peer health educators in their post-graduate careers. Specifically, past peer health educators used this experience to support their graduate school applications and secure positions in and outside of the public health and health care industry.
If you are interested in being a peer health educator for the 2022-2023 academic year, please submit your application by May 17, 2022. Undergraduate and graduate students from any academic background attending UMBC’s main campus are welcome to apply.