UMBC is participating in the DEA's (Drug Enforcement Administration) annual Red Ribbon Week PSA Contest! Red Ribbon Week is has since become an annual event demonstrating intolerance for drugs in our nation’s schools, workplaces, and communities. Each year from October 23–31, people across the United States show their commitment to a healthy, drug-free lifestyle by wearing or displaying the Red Ribbon.
This year’s Campus Video PSA Contest theme is: Commitment to a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
All students are welcome to submit their 30-60 second PSA using the following link: Red Ribbon PSA Contest by Nov 5, 2018.
A campus winner will be selected and will go on to represent UMBC in the national Red Ribbon Week PSA Contest! The campus winner will receive a prize pack for their participation. National winning college or university will receive a plaque, $3000 to enhance the alcohol and other drug prevention efforts of their campus, and registration and accommodations for the 2019 NASPA Strategies Conference in Washington, DC.
- To be eligible for judging, an entry must meet the following content and technical requirements:
- The PSA must be between 30–60 seconds. PSAs that exceed 60 seconds will be disqualified.
- The PSA must focus on the underlying message behind Red Ribbon Week and the commitment to a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
- The PSA must include the mandatory end frame provided by DEA. https://www.campusdrugprevention.gov/sites/default/files/RRW_CampusVideoContest_endframe.jpg
- The PSA must focus on preventing alcohol abuse and drug abuse among college students.
- Entries that focus only on alcohol abuse or only on drug abuse will be disqualified.
- The PSA must resonate with its intended audience (i.e., college students) and inspire others to take action to prevent alcohol abuse and drug abuse among college students.
- The Entry must be uploaded to the entrant’s own YouTube, Vimeo, or Daily Motion account and a link to the video must be provided as part of the Entry.
- The Entry cannot be previously submitted in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means.
- Entrants must obtain all applicable consents, approvals, or licenses to submit their Entry.
See https://www.campusdrugprevention.gov/psacontest for additional contest rules.