The time sheet for pay period 2022-14 (ending 12/31/2022) is the last time sheet that will be processed for calendar year 2022. PR14 timesheet submissions and approvals are due by 11:59 pm on January 5, 2023.
Below are helpful factors that should be shared with supervisors and leave eligible employees. Based on audit compliance, the earliest that a time sheet approver may approve a time sheet for this period is January 1, 2023 (approvers cannot approve a time sheet before the pay period has ended).
- To ensure that all leave is recorded and processed correctly for the 2022 calendar year, it is imperative that time sheets (pay period 14 and prior) are submitted and approved by Thursday, January 5, 2023. These time sheets must be processed in time entry for PR15. Timesheet approvers may need to check their timesheet approval portal more than once to per day to ensure they have reviewed submitted timesheets pending approval.
- IMPACT: Processing late time sheets after PR15 time entry, for leave eligible employees, will result in leave reductions from the 2022 leave and post inaccurate balances.
- Starting with the time sheet for pay period 16 (1/15/2023 thru 1/28/2023) and until the year-end leave process occurs, employees will notice the personal leave balance will reflect the unused personal hours from 2022 in addition to the hours for 2023. Any personal leave hours used or processed in the system after December 31, 2022 (ie. late time sheets or excess usage) will be deducted from the 2023 personal leave balance.
- Maximum annual leave carryover into 2023, for full-time employees, is 400 hours. Carryover hours are pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Supervisors should submit a Holiday Leave Carryover Exception Request Form (https://umbc.box.com/HolLeaveCarryoverExceptionPDF) for any employee approved to carry over unused holiday leave into calendar year 2023. The form must be signed by the Department Head and emailed to my attention for review and processing. Recommendation: Submit the waiver forms after January 6 to get an accurate account of the holiday(s) to carry into 2023.
- Employees will notice updated leave balances, inclusive of processed year-end figures, on the time sheet for pay period 17 (ending 2/11/2023).
- Payroll Preparers will be able to run the detailed leave report (use pay run id 2023016) to review leave data inclusive of year-end processing.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com. I wish everyone a safe and relaxing holiday and break.
Sherrell J. McNamara, HRIS Manager