You should have received a holiday message, from President Hrabowski and Provost Rous, which stated that the University will be closed on Friday, December 22, 2017. As a result of the closure, the leave day will be processed as a University Holiday for leave eligible employees.
Please share the timekeeping guidelines below with the employees in your department. These guidelines do not apply to Contingent I, Student and Adjunct Faculty employees.
1. Employees will manually record the HOL code and the corresponding hours on the time sheet (electronic time sheets will not automatically populate the leave code or hours for this date).
2. Employees who were originally scheduled off on December 22nd will record HOL on the time sheet and not use their accrued leave for the day.
- If an employee has already submitted his/her time sheet with accrued leave usage (ie. annual, personal, sick, or compensatory time), for December 22nd, the time sheet will need to be rejected by the time sheet approver so the employee may modify the leave usage to HOL and resubmit the time sheet for approval.
- Eligible holiday hours are based on an employee’s FTE (full-time equivalency) and not the employee’s work schedule for the day. Holiday hours are pro-rated for part-time employees. For example: An employee whose FTE is 100% receives 8 hours of holiday; an 80% employee receives 6.40 hours of holiday; a 50% employee receives 4.0 hours of holiday; etc.
3. Employees who will be required to work on December 22nd will record duty day (faculty and exempt) OR time in/time out (nonexempt) for the day. The holiday will be processed and reflected in the holiday leave balance as a banked day to use at a later time. Please note that a Holiday Waiver Form will need to be submitted to allow the holiday to be carried over into the 2018 calendar year and not forfeited.
Reminder: Although employees may submit time sheets early, time sheet approvers do not have the ability to approve time sheets before the pay period has ended. Approvers may only reject a time sheet prior to the end of the pay period.
Again, please share this information with your departmental employees. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or ext. 5-3646.