As pay period 14 (ending 1/4/2020) comes to a close, please be mindful that this is the last time sheet that will be processed for calendar year 2019. Below are helpful factors that should be shared with supervisors and leave eligible employees.
- To ensure that all leave is recorded and processed correctly for the 2020 calendar year, it is imperative that time sheets (electronic and paper for pay period 14 and prior) are submitted and approved by Thursday, January 9, 2020. These time sheets must be processed in time entry for PR15.
- IMPACT: Processing late time sheets after PR15 time entry, for leave eligible employees, will result in leave reductions from the 2020 leave and post inaccurate balances.
- Personal leave hours for calendar year 2020 were available to employees for usage as of January 1, 2020. Starting with the time sheet for pay period 15 (1/5/2020 thru 1/18/2020) until the year-end process occurs, employees will notice the personal leave balance will reflect the unused personal hours from 2019 in addition to the hours for 2020. Any personal leave hours used or processed in the system after January 4, 2020 (ie. late time sheets or excess usage) will be deducted from the 2020 personal leave balance.
- Supervisors should submit a Holiday Leave Carryover Exception Request Form (https://umbc.box.com/HolLeaveCarryoverExceptionPDF) for any employee approved to carry over unused holiday leave into calendar year 2020. The form must be signed by the Department Head and forwarded to my attention for review and processing.
- Updated leave balances, inclusive of processed year-end figures, will be reflected on the time sheet for pay period 17 (ending 2/15/2020). This time sheet will reflect leave balances as of the end of pay period 15.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherrell J. Mcnamara, HRIS Manager