Direct deposit allows you to have access to your paycheck in the event of an unexpected campus closure or illness. No more waiting to deposit your check, it’s done automatically. Direct Deposit is a safe and secure way to make sure you receive your check on payday. UMBC encourages all employees to have direct deposit.
Sign Up Is Easy
· Complete the attached Payroll Direct Deposit Authorization Form or by going to the UMBC HR website: https://hr.umbc.edu/files/2020/03/direct-deposit-form-360231.pdf
· Bank Number (Bank Institution Routing number)
· Checking/Savings Account Number (Enter your account number as it appears on your check/saving account slip)
· UMBC Agency Code: 360231
· Agency (UMBC)
· Direct Deposit typically takes (2) pay-cycles to process
· Only (1) single banking institution is allowed for direct deposit
· Please send completed forms to:
Central Payroll Bureau
PO Box 2396
Annapolis, MD 21404
Benefits of Direct Deposit:
· Prompt Payment: Funds are available in your bank account on payday.
· It Saves You Time: Direct deposit can be made to any financial institution within the United States.
· Peace of Mind: No worries about mail delays and lost or stolen checks.
· Convenience: No special trips to pick up and deposit checks.
· Reliability: Payments are automatically deposited to your account, even if you are out of town, ill, UMBC Campus Closures, etc.