Ultra Essentials II: Course Content & Organization
Prepare your course for Blackboard's redesigned interface!
Recording Link (myUMBC login required)
- Ultra Essentials: Course Content & Organization - Panopto Recording [CC enabled]
- Slide deck (TIP: Click the ⋮ icon in the lower left to access menus for downloading a PDF)
Skill Builder & Ultra Essentials workshops focus on core components of Blackboard and other instructional technologies at UMBC. They are intended as introductory workshops for users who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
New to Ultra or need a refresher? This hands-on overview focuses on the essentials of using the Ultra Experience Blackboard course interface for content creation. Topics include:
- Organize your course using folders and learning modules
- Create an Ultra Course document
- Embed files, images, links, third-party tools and external media using the Content Editor
- Apply descriptive information to course content
- Upload files & link to Google Files
- Manage multimedia & large files
- Add a web link
- Add, revise, and control content using Release Conditions
- Apply accessibility principles to course content
- Review Ally course report
Prior to the event
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
After joining the session, please configure your audio. Having trouble accessing Collaborate? Please see our Troubleshooting Audio Problems or Networking Issues for Collaborate guides.
At least 5 registrations are needed for this session to proceed as scheduled. The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.