Ultra Essentials III: Engagement & Communication Tools
Prepare your course for Blackboard's redesigned interface!
Recording Link (myUMBC login required)
- Ultra Essentials: Engagement & Communication - Panopto Recording [CC enabled]
- Slide deck (TIP: Click the ⋮ icon in the lower left to access menus for downloading a PDF)
Skill Builder & Ultra Essentials workshops focus on core components of Blackboard and other instructional technologies at UMBC. They are intended as introductory workshops for users who need to learn how to use core components & supporting technologies, or for users who want to refresh skills.
New to Ultra or need a refresher? This hands-on overview focuses on the essentials of using the Ultra Experience Blackboard course interface for communication and engagement. Topics include:
- Facilitate communication using course messages to individual users or the entire class
- Create & post announcements
- Create & reply to discussions and conversations
- Create and manage groups
- Use the course calendar
- Update personal notification and name pronunciation settings
- Access Collaborate for virtual web conferencing
Prior to the event
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox, preferably the most recent updates to those browsers. Closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth.
If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review the Bb Getting Started Guide or our Quick Start Guide for All Users. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
At least 5 registrations are needed for this session to proceed as scheduled. The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.