Class Synchronous Web Conferencing Demo for Faculty
Pilot to be scheduled later in SP2023
DoIT is sponsoring two virtual demos for faculty to learn about Class, an exciting synchronous web conferencing platform built on Zoom’s infrastructure.
Class allows faculty to deliver engaging lectures and virtual instructional experiences with an interface that focuses on teaching and learning. Class can be used with any delivery model -- online, hybrid, and in-person -- with multiple cameras, instructors, and participants.
Some features in Class include:
- Instructor Podium, Presenter Front of Room, and Seating Charts
- Share Content including files, web tour, video, whiteboard, polls, and assessments
- Roster & Breakout Groups
- Video Gallery, Audio, Chat & Learner Engagement Tools
- Recordings, Live Captioning, Transcripts and Learner Note Taking
- Proctor View for Live Assessments
NOTE: Class is a standalone and web-based application for Mac, Windows, Chromebook, iPad, and Android tablets. While it is built on Zoom infrastructure and may contain familiar Zoom elements, it is not developed by Zoom.
This session will use Zoom. The join link will be sent via email one hour before the event.