How to Reach Everyone and Teach Everyone - Blackboard Ally
Powerful tool helps students engage with course materials
Have you met Ally?
Come to this webinar and learn about Ally and what it can do to help you remediate course materials to improve accessibility for all. This orientation will showcase Ally’s powerful file conversion tools that provide alternative formats and expand students' options about how they want to engage with content.
This session will also help you move beyond content remediation into a more proactive approach, one where you find or create more accessible course materials from day one.
Finally, we will review strategies on how to create accessible content, including tools to help with Word documents, PDFs, PowerPoint, lecture videos, and images.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Review key barriers that hinder the accessibility of content.
- Interpret Ally indicators and reports to effectively remediate course materials.
- Review Ally's alternative formats available to students.
- Identify accessibility tools that help you create accessible content.
- Create a basic strategy to address content accessibility in your course, including which tools you plan to use.
The webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Use the link below to enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time:
Prior to the session
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or a recent browser update. Webinars are bandwidth intensive, so closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth. After joining the session, please configure your audio.
The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.