Webex Basics Training
Getting started with Webex
UMBC supports Webex video and audio conferencing giving all faculty, staff and students accounts to host virtual meetings. Any UMBC account holder can schedule meetings and make use of the many advanced tools within the program to share their screen, and collaborate with members of our community. Everyone also has their own personal Webex room.
This Webex Basics session is geared toward those new to Webex Meetings, including those who have attended but not yet hosted their own meeting. In this session you will learn:
- The user interface features and where they are located
- How to join a Meeting using the Webex client or a link
- The three different roles: host, co-host, participant
- Where to quickly find the Webex FAQs
- How to schedule a Webex meeting within Google Calendar
- How and why to use umbc.webex.com
- How to fix common problems
- Future features.