Create a +1 strategy and support diverse learning styles
Bb Ally remediates content & offers alternative formats
Wednesday, September 30, 2020 · 12 - 1 PM
Does your course offer students multiple ways to consume content, complete activities, and demonstrate learning?
Improving the accessibility of course content not only helps ensure students with different abilities can access materials, but it improves the learning experience for everyone, including those who use mobile devices.
The framework to support accessible course design is called Universal Design for Learning (UDL). At its core, UDL provides all learners with experiences that include multiple ways to engage, represent, and express.
This webinar will offer ideas for developing a +1 strategy to improve course accessibility and highlight tools in Blackboard Ally. Available in both Original and Ultra courses, Ally scans content in Blackboard and provides feedback and tools to identify and fix accessibility issues. Leverage Ally's powerful alternative format options and let students know they can download content in multiple formats that give them choices in how they watch, read, or listen.
Alternative formats are not only for a select group of students. They benefit all learners as part of a +1 strategy to support accessible course content.
- Run the Ally Accessibility Report for your course (Original or Ultra) to identify accessibility issues
- Use Ally's Instructor Feedback Panel to preview content and prioritize remediation
- Follow Ally's step-by-step guidance to fix accessibility issues
- Download and utilize Ally's alternative format options to benefit all learners
- Create a +1 strategy to support multiple modalities in your course
This webinar will take place in a Blackboard Collaborate virtual conference room. Use the link below to enter the webinar up to 15 minutes before the start time: http://tiny.cc/FA20
Prior to the session
If this is your first time joining one of our webinars, please review Getting Started Guide. You will also find additional helpful information for using Blackboard Collaborate at our extensive FAQs.
For the best viewing experience, we recommend using Chrome or a recent browser update. Webinars are bandwidth intensive, so closing any unnecessary browser tabs will help conserve your bandwidth. After joining the session, please configure your audio.
The session will be recorded if two or more people attend and the link will be distributed to everyone who registered.
As always, if you have any questions, please consider the following options:
- Check our extensive FAQ collection
- Review Ally for Instructors to learn about reports, scores, alternative formats, and remediation
- Open a ticket via RT
- Follow the Instructional Technology & DoIT myUMBC groups