In order to provide better service and streamline access to materials, services, and equipment, the Library is making a few big changes.
Updates as of July 17
- The Library Media Desk will be closed on Monday, August 8 in preparation for the merging of Circulation and Media services. The circulation of media items, including DVDs, A/V equipment and laptops, will be suspended that day.
- Beginning Tuesday, August 9:
- Media items and laptops will be available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
- A/V equipment will be available for checkout at the Digital Media Lab (DML).
- Hours for the Digital Media Lab (DML) will be:
- Monday-Thursday 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sunday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- On July 5 the Serials Desk will permanently close.
In its place there will be an information kiosk with access to the online catalog and directional information.
Instructions for using the microfilm machines have been revamped to clarify each step and will be available at each machine.
Questions should go to the Reference Desk or can be sent via chat or email - available through the library homepage.
- In early August the Circulation and Media desks will merge into a single desk on the 1st floor.
The Media Desk will close - and direct patrons to the Circulation Desk.
DVDs and CDs will remain browsable on the 2nd floor; checkouts and returns will be at the Circulation Desk.
Media reserves will be available at the Circulation Desk.
Laptops will be available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Keys for the Presentation Practice room (257) and the Screening Room (258) will be available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
The Digital Media Lab (DML) will remain on the 2nd floor
Checkout all media equipment (except for laptops) in the DML.
Viewing stations will continue to be accessible on the 2nd floor.
As the group and LEC consider or implement additional changes in the future, we will keep the campus up-to-date via social media, Insights, myUMBC, listservs, and contact with the GSA and SGA.
Signage in the area will be kept timely to help patrons navigate and locate materials they need.