UMBC now has trial access to University Press Scholarship Online.
University Press Scholarship Online is a vast and rapidly expanding cross-searchable library which offers quick and easy access to the full text of over 7,000+ academic monographs in 21 subject areas covering the humanities, social sciences, medicine, and law from six leading university presses. UPSO offers an unparalleled research tool, making disparately published scholarship easily accessible, highly discoverable, and fully cross-searchable via a single online platform. Research that previously would have required a user to jump between a variety of books and disconnected websites can now be concentrated through the UPSO search engine.
Key Features Include:
- Keywords and abstracts available at book and chapter level for at-a-glance access to the content
- Extensive search and browse options, with enhanced filtering, to streamline the research process
- Create shortcuts to favorite books chapters, and commonly used searches within a personalization area
- Share chapters, abstracts, titles and search results with colleagues using integrated tools including social bookmarking options, citation export and DOIs for direct linking
- Follow new paths for further enquiry, by expanding search results to include titles from other university presses
For off-campus access, please login via VPN first (http://vpn.umbc.edu) and follow the link to the UMBC Library Homepage. Then follow the link under "News & Events" on the Library's homepage to return to this post and click on the "View Website" button to access the database. For more info on remote access, see http://aok.lib.umbc.edu/services/remoteaccess.php
Trial access runs through November 4, 2011. Feedback on the usefulness of this product is appreciated. Leave us a comment to let us know what you think.