Students who are interested in living on campus this spring should complete the “Spring-Only Housing Application” online at umbc.edu/go/housing. There is no commitment or cost to completing this interest application. For priority consideration, students need to complete the Spring Interest Application by November 15, 2020.
In early November, our staff will begin making housing offers to students who complete the application. At that time, we will have more information regarding the semester housing dates, costs, and applicable changes from fall to spring expectations.
In the event that demand for housing is greater than capacity, we have identified factors that prioritize student academic success. Residential Life, in collaboration with Academic Affairs, has established criteria for prioritizing on-campus housing offers:
- Students registered in at least one (1) in-person or hybrid class or a predetermined university affiliation or sponsorship by a university department that requires access to university facilities in order to fulfill academic commitments.
- This includes but is not limited to research facilities, labs, and athletic training facilities.
- Participation in first-year academic cohort programs, including but not limited to scholars programs and Living Learning Communities (LLCs).
- Students’ distance from campus based on permanent address (students with addresses greater than 30 miles from campus will be given stronger consideration) and international students.
- Students with an approved medical housing accommodation through Student Disability Services (sds.umbc.edu) that requires them to live on campus.
- Students identified as having exceptional need for housing.
- Please note that on-campus employment and student club and organization affiliation are not priority factors at this time.
- All student housing needs are not identified by these categories; therefore, UMBC staff will work to review individual requests for on-campus housing through the Fall Housing Wait List Application. Our priority in these decisions will be based on student need for safe and secure housing or for whom on-campus housing is necessary to fulfill their academic requirements.
We hope you will consider living on campus next semester!