Campus Movie Fest
Campus-Wide Film Competition!
Campus Movie Fest is a campus wide movie making competition that is open to all students, and is absolutely free. Winners get the chance to have their film shown at CMF national event in Hollywood, California in June! The winners also get a discount on badges (tickets) to the CMF Hollywood event.
Schedule of Events:
- 4/25 Launch Day Commons Main Street, 12:00PM-5:00PM.: Launch Day! Come pick up your equipment and start making movie magic happen!
- 4/46 - 4/30: Technical Support Days: Come to the Commons 329 (except for Monday, which is the Student Org Space) for technical help and support with the video equipment and Adobe programs used for this competition!
- 4/27 and 4/28 (Saturday & Sunday) are "on call" tech support days.
- 5/1 (Wed) is the Collection Day also at Commons 329. CMF will be collecting both the equipment and films at this location, they will also have a section of the room setup for people who need to make last minute edits to their films or need help exporting the movies. The official time is 2:00PM-6:00PM.
- UMBC's Finale (the student film showcase) will be on 5/4 (Saturday). Doors open at 7:00PM, Show starts at 7:30PM ands around 9:30PM. The top 16 films, judged by UMBC students and staff, will be shown. At least the top three "Best Drama, Best Comedy, and Best Picture" will be shown at CMF national event in Hollywood, California in June! The winners also get a discount on badges (tickets) to the CMF Hollywood event. Any students can buy badges to attend the Hollywood event, however. UMBC's winner of Best Picture gets their film shown with the other Best Picture winners (of the other colleges) at next year's Cannes FIlm Festival! There are a lot more prizes too.