Apply to join the UMBC Eco-Ambassador Team! (Or nominate a student)
What does an Ambassador do?
- Share resources and information to inspire fellow students about how and why to live green on campus and reduce your carbon footprint
- Collaborate with UMBC staff and faculty to devise and implement improvements for a greener campus
- Attend a training retreat (Oct 6ht-8th) to learn about leading change, campus sustainability, and develop close relationships with the team
- Bolster your resume with a PRAC service leadership transcript notation
- Join a team devoted to improving and helping the campus and the planet
- Develop professional experience and public speaking skills
- Devote 3 to 5 hours a week taking action and helping the community
- Make connections and gain support to turn your ideas into action
Eco-Ambassadors efforts are supported and coordinated by student interns and the sustainability coordinator.
Eco-Ambassadors spread the message of sustainability to students through presentations, interactive educational programs, tabling at events, designing flyers/signs, creating videos, writing articles and more! You will also get the chance to work with staff and faculty on one of the following topics: energy, waste, transportation and research/education. You will serve as an important link to communicating these topics to the student body. You also will have the opportunity to shape and contribute to the campus sustainability initiatives.
Join us for the eco-ambassdor info session on Monday, September 18th from 6-7pm in Admin 929. https://my.umbc.edu/groups/sustainability/events/52964