Reality Check: We are hired for our skills...
And fired for our behaviors
- Individual Contributors – to consider the skills needed in supervisory or management roles.
- Managers – to transition from the technical and tactical level to the strategic level.
- High-potential leaders – to zero in on where they could potentially struggle.
- Diversity of Experience
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Stability & Composure
- Handling Mistakes
- Technical & Cognitive Skills
- Perceived as lacking patience.
- Being ineffective with teams.
- Lacking in political savvy.
- Problem behaviors that are knowable-manageable-correctable become a huge barrier to further promotions – IF ignored early in a career.
- How to evaluate 3 levels of behavior that can affect your career.
- The signals of career derailment, and what this can mean for you.
- How career problems can arise whether you are an Individual Contributor, a High-Potential Manager, or a Leader.
- How self-management as well as work related behaviors can develop into problems.
- Those behaviors that can be “accelerated” for your career success.