The Effective Supervisor - P.M. Session
3-Part Learning Lab Series
Supervisors and managers play a crucial role in creating a positive working environment that leads to successful accomplishment of individual, team, and departmental goals. In this new 3-part workshop series for new supervisors or those experiencing transition in their role, you will learn a core set of supervisory skills that will help you grow as a supervisor and help you grow UMBC’s greatest asset, its people.
NOTE: There are two separate sessions for this program offered on the same dates. This post includes information for the P.M. session – 12:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PLEASE HOLD THESE TIMES NOW FOR EACH OF THE 3 WORKSHOP DATES BELOW!!!
Registering for this comprehensive program includes:
1) Required attendance in three 3.5 hour training programs;
- 10/25/17 Transitioning into Management,
- 11/17/17 Motivating, Inspiring, and Developing Your Direct Reports, and
- 12/8/17 Navigating Interpersonal and Team Conflict.
2) Short integration assignments to practice strategies and tools learned back on the job;
3) Self-assessment and pre and post program metrics; and
4) Post-program structure and support for participants in carrying the learning and work forward.
By nature of the design of this program, we see the following added benefits:
- Enhanced satisfaction and effectiveness in your role
- Enhanced campus networks
- Harnessing of collective wisdom of the group to work issues to a deeper degree of depth
- Increased level of support
Our program guide and facilitator: Joe Raia, of Glimmerglass Consulting and Training, Inc. http://www.glimmerglassconsulting.com
Please see the attached flyer for additional program information and details on each of the three training workshops.
Space is limited and registration is required. Registration deadline is October 13th.
If you register for a workshop and your attendance plans change please let us know by emailing email@example.com. We keep waiting lists for our programs.